Relax and Let Go

This blog is an on-and-off affair with me. I have tried so many times to leave this particular space and yet, I still find myself being led back to it. In fact, I have created a couple of online lair at Wordpress and the last one was here in Blogger.

I have neglected writing for more than a decade. There were snippets and random postings but the mojo was simply elusive. Facebook and Instagram were my main outlet but the desire to write more was palpable as the days go by.

Later on, I realized that I really do not want to leave this blog because my previous life was consolidated here. I know...it sounds so "boxed." Can you blame the mind of an "organized" (in a way, I will describe myself like that) person? 😀




The years have been very kind and generous to me. I thank God for those wonderful blessings. I have a loving and generous husband and a son (not-so-little anymore) who fills my day with happiness and insanity. 💕 My parents are together back home and I just pray that they live long enough for all of us to be together in one place, celebrate milestones. To my Mama, get well soon. Please pray for her to get her strength back. 🙏 To Papa, you are silent but you have been a rock of hope. 💓 My two siblings also have their own families now. All of us live miles away from each other. There are times that things get tough but I believe that God has a purpose for everything. 

As I grow older (and hopefully wiser), I have let go of people who proved to be toxic in life. So-called friends have been disregarded for they bring me nothing but sadness. I have also "given away" the link that bind me to kinship (one or two of them), figuratively. My logic is that people are old enough to understand actions and doing the same thing over and over again is simply exhausting for those people involved. Somebody close to me remarked that I am just holding a grudge. Probably. If I am holding a grudge, it only means that I still care, right? Honestly, I want to believe that I do not.

I still love to read books and drink coffee. Nothing would ever changed that. When it comes to food, I have taught myself to cook dishes that caught my fancy (rather my palate). I also tried baking and oh, boy, sweet things were always happening in the oven. It does not really help when you are trying to shed a few pounds. 😂

Literally, I am at a certain point in my life that I want to do more with my time. I have read somewhere that if you want something to change, you have to grab life by the horns and ride it, even it tries to throw you. 

So good luck to me and hopefully, change will come.



No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram